Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Click


Turn out the lights

A member of Arizona's top government utilities agency threw down the gauntlet in a letter to Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, threatening to cut off the city's power supply as retribution for the city's boycott of Arizona

snip

"I received your message; please receive mine. As a statewide elected member of the Arizona Corporation Commission overseeing Arizona's electric and water utilities, I too am keenly aware of the 'resources and ties' we share with the city of Los Angeles," Pierce wrote.

"If an economic boycott is truly what you desire, I will be happy to encourage Arizona utilities to renegotiate your power agreements so Los Angeles no longer receives any power from Arizona-based generation."


Link

I hope they do. I am just so tired of arrogant hoodoos doing things like this boycott. They need to learn that...........

Actions have consequences.

submit to reddit On Twitter I am Lesabre1

2 comments:

  1. Except for the small fact that the power isn't for Arizonans to withhold, since they don't own all of it:

    On any given day, we receive 20 - 25% of our power from two power plants located in Arizona: Navajo, a coal-fired plant, and Palo Verde, a nuclear plant.

    We are part owner of both power plants, which are generating assets of the Department. As such, nothing in the City's resolution is inconsistent with our continuing to receive power from those LADWP-owned assets.

    I might add that, as the City's Job Czar, I certainly would welcome any conventions or meetings that were going to be held in Arizona to come to Los Angeles. We have fantastic facilities and incomparable weather and we'd welcome them to the City of Angels


    Link

    Again, reality has a leftist bias, I'm so sorry you couldn't be bothered to find out if the AZ threat was real or not............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, an old lawyer told me one time...

    "Son, you know you are right. We know you are right..... But by the time we get this all figured out, ain't nobody gonna give a damn."

    hahahahahahahahahaa

    I'm gonna get me a truck load of candles and sell'em in LA! For $20 each to all the assholes who voted for the Mayor!

    ReplyDelete