Loading...

Thursday, February 16, 2017

A lesson in morals





The deal is this. The Left wants to claim that Flynn did wrong and but for the illegal leaks of someone in the intelligence agencies, no one would know.

It is a claim that two wrongs make a right. “We had to destroy the village to save it.”

So the question is as old as sin
.
Who will watch the watchers?

Given that the FISA court was contacted when a US citizen was listened to, and we have no way of knowing that, and the conversation was assumed to have some illegality about it, you would hope and assume that it would be referred to the DOJ.

The DOJ would then try and determine if the conversation was illegal. Either way, if the person was on the President's staff/employment, you would assume he would be informed.

Nowhere in that chain do we have any reason whatsoever for any information to be leaked to the press or anyone else.

Now, IF the actions of the President, in the eyes of the AG, were found to be unacceptable then the AG should go public and resign. If that doesn't happen then others within the chain should go public and resign.

The press and the voters can then become involved.

But that isn't what is happening. What we have are people who are political opponents of the President trying to harm the President from the shadows.

That's wrong. They weren’t elected and by doing so they send a chill through our political processes and reveal to the enemy our ability to collect intelligence.

And yes, if the "going public" is required I understand that the individuals will be harmed, if not physically, then professionally. But that comes with the job just as was the possibility of being killed in training or combat comes with being in the military or any other job that entails “defending the Constitution."

Simply put, if you don’t want such responsibilities then don’t take the job.


(Part of this was previously published in www.TalkLeft.com.


"Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them." - Karl Popper

Sunday, February 12, 2017

“South Carolina 6th Graders Learn Five Pillars of Islam,” by Trey Sanchez,



“TruthRevolt has kept a careful eye on this phenomenon, reporting on instances such as inCalifornia, Florida, Tennessee, and Minnesota where students either sang songs about Ramadan (complete with the lyrics “Allahu Akbar”), designed a Muslim prayer rug, or wrote down the five pillars of Islam, including “all people must submit to Allah.”

“The latest has occurred in Summerville, South Carolina at Alston Middle School, where 6th graders learned about the five pillars and were instructed on the “correct” interpretation of verses from the Koran.”

And here’s the lie they’re being told.

“Islam is a religion of (peace). If I believe in Islam, I am called a (Muslim). In the Islamic religion, we call God (Allah). I may dress differently than other kids. I feel (bad) that a few people of my religion committed terrorist acts. I do not believe in terrorists’ idea of a ‘holy war.’”

Maybe true for one kid. But definitively not true for some  members of the group.

“One parent told a local news station that permission should’ve been asked for before giving a lesson on religious values.

Gee, you think? You have to wonder where the parents's heads are at. They’re definitely not paying attention.

http://pamelageller.com/2017/02/south-carolina-6th-graders-learn-five-pillars-islam.html/





"Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them." - Karl Popper

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Trump and the Confederate Flag



Before I start let me say that I am not a fan of “Ancestory.” I have never worn a pair of lederhosen and the cold air that would flow over my more tender parts caused by wearing a kilt leads me to wonder about the judgment of grown men who prance around explaining they were confused about who their ancestors were but have now been saved by the magic of genetic analysis.

Indeed.

The best I can tell, based on family stories, is that I have ancestors. Quite a few in fact. Since a generation, the average time it takes to produce children, is about 25 years, then if I go back 250 years, 10 generations, then I have 2048 great, great, great, etc., grandparents.

And since I don’t have three eyes and twitch when I walk I believe it was a diverse group.

On a more recent note the story is that one of my great granddaddies fought for the South, was wounded in the Battle of Corinth, captured, escaped, married a Indian woman and lived more or less happily ever after. There’s more to it but since I foresee your eyes slamming shut I will spare you the details.

But one of the more interesting things is that he was born and raised on a small farm in western Kentucky and, like some 90 plus percent of Confederate fighters owned no slaves. Given that standing up and shooting at each other using 58 caliber rifles, dying of diseases, starving on short rations, freezing in the cold and other assorted ways of dying is quite nasty, the question is, “Why in the world would the 90% do this for the 10%?”

That question has been asked for years by the more thoughtful among us. My great grandfather had no “skin in the game” so why did he fight?

Let me ask you people who claim it was to keep slaves. Really? He had no slaves. The answer is more complex than “slavery.” 

We can start with why did the North Vietnam peasant fight to install communism? Why did the average German fight to keep Hitler in power. Why did the Germanic tribes resist Caesar?  Why does the average Muslim fight?

The answer is so simple that all the “jerks under pressure,” aka “experts,” will reject it. Because the enemy was there.

Oh, there is more to it than that. The 10% manipulate the 90% through various methods. The radical Islamic leaders use religion. The West has been very effective in using “patriotism.”  But the base is “because they were there.” Roosevelt, even though it was obvious we had to rescue Europe, was wise enough to wait until the homeland was attacked.

On a side note Bush did nothing until 9/11 but by 2008 the surrender monkeys and America haters managed to help the Islamist enough to get us into a SOFA agreement in Iraq that Obama gratefully signed thus birthing ISIS.

Of course any dummy could foresee that. Even me. Here’s a comment I made in  2007 on the Left’s website, TalkLeft.

“tworivers (none / 0) (#47)
by jimakaPPJ on Sat Apr 28, 2007 at 08:52:16 AM CST 
Actually we could argue over the reasons, but so what.

The issue now is that when the Surrender Party pulls out of Iraq the world will see us as weak.

Weak people and lambs get attacked.”

But I digress. Let’s get back to the Confederate flag, diversity and Vanderbilt.

Just as I don’t wear lederhosen or kilts; I do not fly the Confederate flag. Never have. But, unlike the Left wingers who trill diversity’s false song, I understand why some people do.

To frame that, you’re going to have to understand that the “War Between the States” wasn’t over when Lee surrendered. In the phase called “Reconstruction” the south was overrun with Carpet Baggers with various amounts of political influence who took power and did various illegal and immoral things. This resurrected the “because they are here” base. The result? The KKK and associated pieces of trash who wanted to get their power back. That is the base reason that the leaders of the local KKK’s were the power holders and brokers in southern society.  

The results were just like the “War Between the States.”  The Yankee’s were the cause because they were, if not physically then in spirit, “there” and were the reason that Brother died at Shiloh and Uncle is crippled and we have “10 cents cotton and 40 cents meat and how in the world can a poor man eat?”

The South was devastated and remained a rural agricultural society while the North lived through the age of the Rockefeller and Vanderbilt peasant rulers and while Teddy Roosevelt had Southerners in his “Rough Riders” the reforms he preached hardly made an impact below the Mason Dixon line. It took a couple of wars and a revolution in agricultural equipment making the poor white and black sharecroppers unneeded and  forced to leave the “frosty morns” of the South and move to the soot covered  snow of the industrial north.

Think I overstate? Well, drive south on US 61 from Memphis into what was once the poorest county in the US, Tunica…that also had the highest number of millionaires per capita.  What you will see now is monster tractors tilling thousands of acres while the grand children shoot and kill each other in Chicago. But the millionaires are mostly still there along with a new set. Casino types making a living off welfare money from the Memphis area.

But I’m getting ahead of myself.

Starting in the 50’s, business being business, factories followed the Mississippi river down to the cheap labor and started locating in the south. In the small town and surrounding county I live in by the mid 60’s there were 5 factories employing some 7000 people. And compared to chopping cotton these were good paying jobs. Some were union some not. New homes were being built. Downtown’s were thriving. Businesses were opening. Population was expanding.

But by the mid 70’s the trend was starting.  Stores in the city core were closing in the face of competition from the big department stores in the expanded shopping center 15 miles away. A factory closed because it couldn’t match the lower price from foreign competition and by the end of the 70’s the largest employer closed and merged two divisions into one. Again foreign competition. 3000 jobs just gone.

And the Republican leadership didn’t do a damn thing. Nothing. Zero. Nada.

Oh, wait. They did managed to get together with the Democrats and open the immigration floodgates

In between times we fought the Vietnam War and the Democrats surrendered while the Republicans wrapped themselves in the flag. When communism collapsed the radical islamists hopped up to become the villain of the day and Bush declared a “War On Terror “ that had been started by members of “The Religion of Peace.”

Yeah. I also find that confusing.

And the immigrants just kept on coming. Eleven million illegal and about a million a year legal.

Before long the “trades” were wiped out along with meat packing, yard care and almost any service type work that didn’t require good English and was mostly out of the public’s eye.

The WOT continued and Obama was elected and the economy collapsed and it was all the Republicans fault and don’t say Merry Christmas and we now have more genders that Carter had Little Liver pills and the jobs kept on disappearing while the unemployment rate kept on falling and Obamacare helped some and hurt many but don’t mention Universal Health Care because it doesn’t work in Canada and the rest of the world.

We even lied on our Presidential Approval Poll.  I mean when everyone says the country is going in the wrong direction but the President is at a 55%.....they gotta be lying…one way or the other.

So with everyone but our Dear Leaders recognizing that we have more problems than a pregnant nun the election comes and they offer us more of the same.

And they can’t understand why Trump won. Or why some folks fly the Confederate flag.

It is simple.

Let me educate you.

It is because “they” are here. And we are damn well tired of them.





 "Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them." - Karl Popper

No judge, you're wrong.



And Lefties try to justify anything to hurt the country.

“WASHINGTON (AP) -- The federal judge who halted President Donald Trump's travel ban was wrong in stating that no one from the seven countries targeted in Trump's order has been arrested for extremism in the United States since the 2001 terrorist attacks.

Just last October, an Iraqi refugee living in Texas pleaded guilty to attempting to provide support to the Islamic State group, accused of taking tactical training and wanting to blow himself up in an act of martyrdom. In November, a Somali refugee injured 11 in a car-and-knife attack at Ohio State University, and he surely would have been arrested had he not been killed by an officer.”

snip

“He asked a Justice Department lawyer how many arrests of foreign nationals from the countries have occurred since 9/11. When the lawyer said she didn't know, Robart answered his own question: "Let me tell, you, the answer to that is none, as best I can tell. You're here arguing on behalf of someone that says we have to protect the United States from these individuals coming from these countries and there's no support for that."

Now isn’t that sweet. He asks a question that has nothing to do with law and appears to be looking for motive and/or evidence. Yet Appeals courts are supposed to look at the law only. They cannot consider evidence or motive.

And then we have the family thing.

“All told, Kurzman said, 23 percent of Muslim Americans involved with extremist plots since Sept. 11 had family backgrounds from the seven countries.”








"Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them." - Karl Popper “

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Jobs

This came from a letter published in the Tennessean. Sorry but the link has been lost.


Lawrence wrote: “First, trashing NAFTA in retaliation for the loss of jobs over the last two decades since the pact was approved will not bring them back. Most have been lost to automation, not Mexico.  Some jobs that initially went to Mexico have moved from there to other countries or have been replaced by robotics.”

Not very logical. If the jobs had been lost to automation then the factories, with robots, would still be here with installation, maintenance, programming and control done by US workers. Albeit the number of workers would have been smaller the pay would have been higher.

It is sad to say but far too many companies have broken the social contract they had with US citizens and have opted to flee to other countries for one reason only. Higher profits. This has been augmented by tying upper management, especially CEO/Presidents, pay to profits resulting in a ratio of them of 204 to 1

https://www.glassdoor.com/research/ceo-pay-ratio/

And at the same time, those fleeing leave behind companies that use illegal workers with impunity. Construction comes immediately to mind.

Trump’s plan to close the border and stop the outflow of our factories may or may not work. But at least he will try. And those who try and stop him will no longer be in the shadows but will known to all.

His victory sends a message to every politician who wants to keep their “jobs” that the world has changed.

His victory sends a message to every supporter of the status quo, which has flooded the country with illegal aliens, that they will be opposed and their arguments incorrect,


His victory also sends a message to every CEO/President that the days of robber baron like actions are gone. Keep the social contract. Work to keep people employed as well as reasonable profits for the stock holder while graciously accepting a salary that is not outrageously high.

"Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them." - Karl Popper

Friday, February 3, 2017

From the propaganda outlet, the "Tennessean."



The following comment is based on this piece of propaganda published in the Tennessean.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/opinion/contributors/2017/02/02/m-daughter-iranian-immigrant/97355434/

Roxanna wrote: “I am the daughter of an Iranian immigrant. My father came to the United States in the 1970s shortly before the Iranian revolution.

He was young, full of ideals and dreams. He believed in America. Had my father been banned from coming to the U.S. in the 1970s, he would never have earned his master’s degree.”

Jim writes: “I am the son of a West Tennessee sharecropper.

He was young and although poor he had ideals and dreams. While your father’s parents were living in safety in Iran my father volunteered for the Marines and went to fight the Imperialist Japanese.

Roxanna wrote: “My father met my mother while he was studying at Middle Tennessee State University. My mother was a small-town, all-American girl who grew up with small-town American values. My parents met while at school and fell in love."

Jim writes: My mother and father met while he was home from CCC camp where he had gone to make some money to send home to his family. He returned to the camp and when he was released they were married.

When WWII was over my father returned to West Tennessee and farming. He was summoned to fight the communists in Korea but was released because of his age. He was a good farmer and managed to purchase a small farm. The country had not yet exported its factories and jobs so both worked and “made a crop” that all three of us worked on to pay off the mortgage and “make a living.”

Roxanna wrote: “I studied German and political science, and had the good fortune to receive a Fulbright Award in 2009. I moved to Vienna, Austria, and was able to teach English and share the Gospel with the people of Austria.
After my Fulbright, I moved to Memphis, where I teach today. Had my father been banned from coming to America, there would be kids in Memphis who were not constantly reminded that they are special, loved, smart, gifted, and able to do anything.”

There were very few programs to help a share cropper’s son go to college so I joined the Navy and proceeded to do my small part in fighting the Cold War.

As part of that, the US supported the Shah coming to power in Iran, keeping the Soviets out. I suspect that your father must have had parents who were well off or else he would not have been able to come here to attend school and travel back and forth. Had the communists been allowed to come to power he most likely would not have came here to school and “there would be kids in Memphis who were not constantly reminded that they are special, loved, smart, gifted, and able to do anything.”

At this point it should be apparent that our experiences regarding the country are not similar. I went through the college of hard knocks and you were educated with the taxpayer’s money.

I think I got the best education.

Roxanna wrote: “The hope that our beloved Lady Liberty offers is a hope for everyone. Men and women like my father come here to make this country a better place. They come because they believe in the golden beacon that welcomes them from the shore.”

I watched the most openly Christian president, Jimmy Carter, fail to support an ally in Iran, and seen Iran become the birthplace of the modern radical islamist terrorist. Since then we have had steadily increasing attacks by Muslim terrorists. Thousands have lost their lives in the US, and hundreds of thousands around the world while Muslim “refugees” rape and riot in Europe and demand special rights and treatment in the US.

So much for Christian love.

You spout utter nonsense. If Muslims had been banned from the US 9/11 would not have happened. Neither would the deadly attacks in Boston, Orlando, San Bernardino, Chattanooga, and Little Rock, happened and tax payer money used to build Muslim prayer facilities in St Paul schools, companies sued for asking Muslim employees to drive trucks with beer inside and a host of other Muslim demands occurred.

And while you emote words of tenderness and tolerance the Pew group has polls that show 21% of US Muslims supporting extremism.


And then

“51% of U.S. Muslims want Sharia; 60% of young Muslims more loyal to Islam than to U.S.”

And  “CAIR spokesman Ibrahim Hooper: “I wouldn’t want to create the impression that I wouldn’t like the government of the United States to be Islamic sometime in the future.”


Uh, don’t worry Ibrahim, the only people not knowing what you are up to are members of Roxanna’s ilk. Sadly, their awakening will be vicious, bloody and life ending for many of their fellow citizens. It is already happening in Europe, especially France.

So please go away and actually educate yourself, Roxanna. We’re in a religious war and the other side doesn’t care that we’re too dumb to know.



And if you work in tall buildings learn how to fly.










"Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them." - Karl Popper