Thursday, September 11, 2008

A ROF's trip downtown



The other day I went downtown to run a few errands. I went into the local coffee shop for a snack. I was only there for about 5 minutes. When I came out, there was this cop writing out a parking ticket.

I said to him, 'Come on, man, how about giving a retired person a break?' He ignored me and continued writing the ticket. His insensitivity annoyed me, so I called him a 'Nazi.' He glared at me and then wrote out another ticket for having worn tires.

So I proceeded to call him 'doughnut eating Gestapo.' He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first. Then he wrote a third ticket when I called him a moron in blue. This went on for about 20 minutes. The more I talked back to him the more tickets he wrote.

Personally, I didn't really care. I came downtown on the bus. The car that he was putting the tickets on had one of those bumper stickers that said, 'Obama in '08'. I try to have a little fun each day now that I'm retired. The doctor tells me that it's really important to my health.





Thanks to Mike L!

7 comments:

  1. The last few days I've been constantly irritated. We're having a Canadian Federal Election which is truly boring. I do hope our Conservative Prime Minister gets his majority government. Then we'll have peace from the politicians for a few years.

    I'm also very annoyed at the way Governor Palin is treated. I would love to have her here in my party. Even Quebec would adore her.

    All I wanted to say really is that this post is very funny. I needed to laugh. I'll share it with my friends. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    But are you sure Quebec would love her?

    ;-)

    Actually the press's treatment of her is helping. I know several women friends who were on the fence who now say No Hussein No Way!

    Did you read the one about the attack on McCain? I think this one can be bigger than putting lipstock on a pig!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're fast!

    I should have said the Quebec men would adore her!....Like all of you! I truly admire her spirit. I read the transcript you sent us to. She was brilliant in that interview.

    I'm so indignant about their attack on Senator McCain. They're so scared presently that they're losing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, the French always did have good taste in women!

    Look down at the McCain injury post and you will see that a Leftie has slithered trying to make excuses. Denny has his AOTW. Maybe I need to start something similar....

    ReplyDelete
  5. You would find plenty of candidates for a stupidity award. A young Canadian friend was inspired by the AOTW. He gives the "Full Speed Award" weekly to a ridiculous Canadian. Yes! Alas, we have some...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe we could get several of us to nominate one, and then have the Grand ATW picked from those nominated...

    Sorta like the Demos picking Hussein...

    ReplyDelete