Thursday, July 3, 2008

Peace and love and Red Robin

Took the Grandson to Home Depot the other day and we did the guy stuff... After that I took him to "Red Robin," the world's best upscale burger chain. Good food, good service, no complaints and we'll go back...

But as I was setting there defending my fries... he had already ate his and was engaged in raiding mine... I was looking around at the pictures on the wall. You know, the "World's Fair" poster, the NYC horse drawn carriage in the snow...

And then I saw one on 9/11. It was replete with peace signs and praise... justly so... of the firemen who gave their lives... It was all very nice. Very civilized..

What it didn't have was any expression of anger.... of a desire for revenge... of a warning that what the terrorists had done would not be tolerated...

"Don't tread on me" had been traded for "Peace and love."

A people survive only as long as they are willing to fight, and win, for what they have. The Native Americans ran up against a culture that was quicker, meaner and more advanced. It was also a culture that was looking for wealth and land. The NA's didn't have a chance.

Peace and love is fine as long as everyone wants peace and love. It is obvious that the radical Muslims do not. They want wealth, land and power.

I sure wish that poster had at least one, "You killed 3000 of us! We're gonna kill 30,000 of you," on it. I'd sleep a lot better. As it is my dreams are as troubled as Crazy Horse's must have been.



No comments:

Post a Comment