Sunday, June 15, 2008

A cautionary note to the world "leaders."

It is reported that Hussein "I been to 57 states" will make a world tour this summer. As William Katz notes, it will be the world's longest free commercial.

Perhaps Hussein will tell us which of the countries he visits are now states 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 and 57. That would, at the very least, allow McCain an opportunity to campaign in them.

I can not remember a candidate doing such in the past. It is an obvious attempt to shore up Hussein 57's zero experience in foreign affairs. I would hope the voters remember that "old Europe," if Hussein doesn't do as told, will toss him under the buss as quickly as they did Bush.....and the United States.

And that I, and about a zillion other Americans, have more time discussing politics with Europeans in Europe and Russia than Hussein 57 has, and will have, after this trip. And that I accomplished at least as much as he will... which is to say nothing.

As to the "world leaders" who will be favored by Hussein 57 with a chance to kiss the ring and take one for the boss man, I would caution them that Hussein 57 is a terribly flawed candidate who crawled across the finish line against another candidate who went into the race with 50% plus negatives, and his last races showed a declining level of support from the Democrats core supporters. When he should have a 10% lead in the polls he only has about 4.5%. Which is to say that it is a "toss up." Factor in those who will say they will vote for Hussein 57 because they fear being called a racist, but who will use the secret ballot to vote for McCain, and McCain may be in the lead.

All of this is just to remind them that Americans take a very nasty view of anything they view as interference with our politics, and that we have long memories. Frankly, if I had gushed over arguably the worst Democrat ever to run, and he lost, I wouldn't be comfortable meeting with McCain. Or, if in trouble, asking America for help. Our sense of humor and charity has run out long ago.

Cheers dear chums!



3 comments:

  1. Let me tell you, with all the deep love and respect I have in my heart for USA, that Americans have never carried a grudge. They rush to help anybody who yells SOS. Whether it's with money,equipment, volunteers, and soldiers. Very often, specially in disasters, they do it long before they are asked. If a War would declare in Europe, President McCain would do what President Roosevelt did, right at the beginning of WW2. He was Churchill's tangible support and on the battlefield before your army was visible. My brother, WW2 Canadian veteran, told me that the War would have been lost without USA.

    I'm sure of Senator McCain whether he is well-treated or not by the world-at-large. He is a true American. You have a heart of gold.Born to help...

    I'm not sure of Senator Obama. He didn't grow up American.He doesn't act American. It's not a question of colour. It's a question of perspective. He didn't "breathe" the country at a crucial age, in his home and where he lived. It makes a big difference in someone's life and character.

    Claudia from Toronto.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Father's Day!

    I'll lift my glass to your good health, this evening. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claudia... You are always too kind to such a sinner as I...

    ;-)

    But I will join you in a glass of cab...

    Here's to life and love and the health to enjoy them!

    To your comments about my snark to the leaders....

    I am both happy and sad to say that I think our public opinion is starting to swing towards demanding more of a quid pro quid in regards to our assistance.. Many that I speak with can't understand why we can't partner with Iraq on energy and develop a win-win relationship..

    Of course even the thought of that would send the average Lefty into a terminal tizzy.....Which isn't such a bad thought by itself.

    ReplyDelete