Monday, April 14, 2008

Global Warming????



I snatched the picture from Denny Wilson at Grouchy Old Cripple in Atlanta. It just absolutely describes my feelings. If I had wanted snow and sleet on April 14 I would have stayed in Denver.

But I must admit that all the doomsayers were right:

Meteorologists disagree about the cause and the extent of the cooling trend… but they are almost unanimous in the view that the trend will reduce agricultural productivity for the rest of the century. Newsweek- April 28 1975


They were just 32 years, 11 months and 14 days early.



2 comments:

  1. I don't know much about science but I'm not completely ignorant. I experience that the climate is changing. We had the coldest winter in Toronto in 60 years. I complained everyday about too much snow and wind. It's hard to believe that the earth is getting warmer. It's hard to believe that it would be my fault if it did. Or that I'm responsible for climatic changes. As compared to everything BIG that happens on and around my planet, the Earth population is too small to have the enormous impact attributed to it.

    This planet has been tilting and orbiting around the sun without my participation for a long time. I have very little influence (if any?) on the solar reflectivity and on the heat retention. Landmass distribution and undersea activity have been going on for thousands of years. Our technology which is supposed to be disastrous only for 100 years at the most.

    And I'm the guilty party for cold/warm/whatever? As your brave soldier said once:NUTS!

    Send me your poor little squirrel. It's going to be sunny and 16c tomorrow in Toronto.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your commonsense approach used to be a common trait among us all, but has given away to a belief that the government knows all.

    As I noted in "Global Warming Kills" the Luddities have driven us into an ambush but will never admit they are wrong.

    I have consulted with the squirrel about your kind offer, but he has declined based on his belief that, on the average, it is warmer here...

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete