Saturday, February 16, 2008

It doesn't get any better than this

Link

But you have to ask what the heck was the City Fathers of Reno doing.

Bump and Update.

A lady from Canada commented the following regarding my post, “It doesn’t get any better than this.” I think it is so good that I decided to post it. She writes:

I saw that video on another blog. I did not comment. I'm not even sure I have the right to comment because we don't have this problem here. In my mind my question was: do you need a citizen-vigilante to correct the situation? Can't you call City Hall, notify the authorities, let the proper people do the job? Would it be done if you try it that way?


To get the disagreement up front and out of the way, yes Canada has this problem. The difference is that it is not yet seen by many Canadians. As your larger cities develop neighborhoods, as in England, Holland, Germany, France and others that become de facto enclaves where Sharia law is allowed to control they will see the light. The flag will be different and the results worse.

And do you have a right to comment? Absolutely. We Americans can not claim to be for free speech and then deny others. For better or worse, it is always important to see yourself as others see you.

As to, do we need citizen-vigilante, the answer is obviously yes. City Hall saw the same news that he did, and did nothing. They did nothing because politicians are basically afraid of everything. If they dispatched the police they would lose votes. First from the Hispanic community, then from the fuzzy heads who claim that we need no borders and finally from the Left wingers who, for whatever reason, hate this country. And since so few citizens vote, the loss of a few votes could cost them their jobs.

So while they dithered and blathered, this one man acted. He acted reasonably, calmly and with no threats and no harm to others.

2 comments:

  1. From Claudia in Toronto.

    I saw that video on another blog. I did not comment. I'm not even sure I have the right to comment because we don't have this problem here. In my mind my question was: do you need a citizen-vigilante to correct the situation? Can't you call City Hall, notify the authorities, let the proper people do the job? Would it be done if you try it that way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your very clear, concise and polite answer.
    It's possible, as you say, that this could happen in Canada. We're usually always ten years behind USA for the good things, or the bad.
    Keep well>

    ReplyDelete