Friday, February 29, 2008

Good morning buckaroos

and a hiyoo Silver and away! Pope Algore has favored us with some moderate weather this AM, at least at the home field as well as the West Coast where I am doing TAD and enjoying myself immensely. Of course the next time I come out this way I shall learn Spanish before I come. Perhaps one of those “learning” programs that are being hucked on TV is in order.

In case you think I am being one of those unspeakable beasts, aka nativists, let me share with you what I heard Tuesday. One third of all people living in the Golden State were born outside the US.

Actually I think that number low. There was no word on how many are intercultural sojourners, aka illegal aliens. But I digress.

I got this from Denny Wilson but the original source was this article

I give you both because Denny was my source, and even though I would believe him over any newspaper, all Left Wingers that I know attack all sources that have information they do not like. And not only will they not like this information, I think most of them take a nerve pill after reading Denny.

Over the past year, anecdotal evidence for a cooling planet has exploded. China has its coldest winter in 100 years. Baghdad sees its first snow in all recorded history. North America has the most snowcover in 50 years, with places like Wisconsin the highest since record-keeping began. Record levels of Antarctic sea ice, record cold in Minnesota, Texas, Florida, Mexico, Australia, Iran, Greece, South Africa, Greenland, Argentina, Chile -- the list goes on and on.

No more than anecdotal evidence, to be sure. But now, that evidence has been supplanted by hard scientific fact. All four major global temperature tracking outlets (Hadley, NASA's GISS, UAH, RSS) have released updated data. All show that over the past year, global temperatures have dropped precipitously.


I had previously heard that the US has had the coldest winter in 50 years and the sunspot cycle had changed causing reduced output from the sun, and now we have this. Perhaps we need to get ourselves to the
Shrine of Algore for prayers and supplication.



To comment click on "Comments" directly below.

2 comments:

  1. All I can tell you: Toronto is having one heck of a winter. We've never seen anything like this. I stopped chartering the weather because it gets me into depression. We have one decent day out of seven. People cannot shovel snow fast enough on the sidewalks. It falls again the next day. A day of freezing rain only produces icy roads. Spring will come????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring will come and so will winter. The question is the length of the growing season. Canada and the northern US plains would be affected.

    ReplyDelete