Friday, September 2, 2011

DA writes


Dark Avenger often drops by to lodge an insult. Most of the time I delete them. But time to time I will answer.

He writes:

It would be good if you learned that liberal isn't a dirty word.

It's risible you, one of the worse spellers on the planet, should have a feature about the English language.

Well, on the issue of spelling I admit that whatever expertise I had was lost long ago when first I had an assistant to take dictation and/or convert my scribblings into a readable document. When computers and spell checkers came along and I started doing emails, etc., the problem was compounded.

Of course DA has never had a position in which his time was considered more valuable than a secretary so he has difficulty grasping this.

As for "liberal."

I remind Dark Avenger that I have long defined myself as a social liberal. By that I mean that I believe in minority rights, including gay marriage. I don't mean by this I believe in unequal rights, nor hate speech laws.

That means I am not a Leftie who will take your money to allow him to look good while giving it to someone else or defend to your death your right to agree with him.

I just think that everyone should have an equal shot at the grand prize and if you have a problem with God you can work it out with God. I have enough problems with my own sins to waste time worrying about yours.

All of this is based on your rights ending where my nose begins.

That means I can have my male child circumcised and I don't need anyone to tell me that "Happy Meals" used as the main and only course is likely to lead to fat and unhealthy children.

I do not and will not live in San Francisco.

And speaking of risible, we find the Left forbidding people from killing themselves by smoking in bars but allowing them to kill themselves and others by drinking in bars.

I am conservative on defense. Simply put, if we don't have a country then we have nothing.

I am conservative on money. Simply put, we have spent ourselves into bankruptcy and created a whole class of people dependent on Medicare and Social Security by taxing them to the point saving was greatly impeded. Subject taxes were used to create a class of people who are now totally dependent on the government and even think this is right.

Government has become too big, too intrusive and too expensive.

And DA, if you find my positions "illiberal" then I suggest you get use to them because they mostly represent the vast majority of the country.




submit to reddit OnTwitter I am Lesabre1

"Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them." - Karl Popper

“Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants. It is the creed of slaves.” - William Pitt

"Logic. There is little logic among the cultural elite, maybe because there is little omnipresent fear of job losses or the absence of money, and so arises a rather comfortable margin to indulge in nonsense." - Victor Davis Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment