Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Bits and pieces 12/8


I hate cold weather. I hate cold weather. I hate cold weather.

Oh how I hope Global Warming is real.

Don Meredith is dead at age 72. I never saw him play but he entertained me on Monday Night Football with his humor. Plus he had the nerve to tell the truth. If a game was over in the third quarter his winsome rendition of, “Turn Out the Lights’ (the party’s over) told us it was okay to just enjoy the world and leave the game to those who felt that football was the end all of everything.

Now we have five pro games every week and a plethora of “color men” and announcers who explain every twitch and strategy. Yet none of them have the nerve to say, “That was stupid,” when the coach calls a running play when his running backs have not yet gone more two yards and it is fourth and 10 with 2 minutes left in the game.

The fatter we get the sportier we become.

Oh how I hope Global Warning is real.

Speaking of sports, one of the more amusing things lately has been watching Auburn and the NACAA twist and turn and parse to keep Cam Newton eligible.

Not that I care. He’s a great player and I have long maintained that the players in the NFL’s minor leagues, aka college football, should be paid up front in plain view…. Say about $30K/year each.

I hate cold weather. I hate cold weather. I hate cold weather.

Last spring I got into Little League coaching. Not next spring I tell myself. I am tired of listening to parents complain why Junior, who actually would rather be anyplace than in a Little League game, isn’t playing the position they think will place him in line for stardom.

I hate cold weather. I hate cold weather. I hate cold weather.

I wonder if all those people, who say that it is our fault that Assange is destroying our feeble amounts at diplomacy because we failed to protect our secrets, would agree that if they left their car unlocked with their wallets on the dash it is okay if a thief steals it.

I find this video interesting.

Sharia Law

Frightening, isn’t it. I mean the fact that probably 97% of Americans do not know anything about Sharia law and the aim of the extremist Muslims to have it the law of the world.

I hate cold weather.

Oh how I hope global warming is real.











submit to reddit OnTwitter I am Lesabre1

"Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them." - Karl Popper

“Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants. It is the creed of slaves.” - William Pitt

"Logic. There is little logic among the cultural elite, maybe because there is little omnipresent fear of job losses or the absence of money, and so arises a rather comfortable margin to indulge in nonsense." - Victor Davis Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment