Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Frozen food, pigs, alligators and health care

Bits and pieces..

Have just frozen 100 ears of "Peaches and Cream" sweet corn and will follow with about 40 quarts of cream style corn for the freezer. That should take us through until next year... "Bread and Butter" pickles are next...The cool weather has destroyed my canning tomatoes so I guess it is to the farmer's market I must go. That man made global warming is hell..

Saw a beautiful white tail doe wandering through the back side of the property yesterday. Thankfully the deer haven't been a problem as I would hate to shoot Bambi's Momma.

But pigs have.



Yeah, that's a Vietnamese Pot Bellied pig rooting at the very edge of the woods that forms a green belt around the house. Like pythons in Florida and alligators in New York city sewers, people take them as pets, lose interest and dump them. They become feral and roam as free as can be. I ran three off two times and was willing to concede the rooting shown. But this one had the bad judgement to discover the garden and Sunday AM ate all my Oriental squash and destroyed some Butternut Squash vines and bell pepper plants.

I donated the meat to a guy I know who will dress him out and eat him. Since he had been castrated and it was a clean shot that put him down on the spot he shouldn't be too gamey. I hope the other two don't come back.

Speaking of alligators, and all the legends of those living in New York sewers, I wonder if the telephone company still has racks and racks of T1 equipment in manholes... And you thought being The Wichita Lineman was a tough gig.

But seriously... Once upon a time I walked back to the storage compartment of a Naval aircraft while on the way back to Norfolk and discovered a potted palm that looked suspiciously like one in the lobby of the Florida hotel we had stayed in the night before. Both the Ordnanceman and the Mechanic swore they had purchased same and I saw no reason to doubt them. However, since I am unsure of the statue of limitations as regards to potted palm theft you may note that I didn't name the city.

We also agreed that the foot long baby alligator they were trying to feed a mouse was a figment of my imagination undoubtedly brought on by my incautious consummation of Cuba Libras the night before at a local bar, restaurant and hang out joint.

Thankfully as I aged my bad habits became less, which was more about hating hangovers than disliking booze. Which was a very good thing since Obamie seems determined to shut down health care for us older citizens. He seems stupidly unaware that as he destroys the social contract that use to exist between generations he is also destroying the culture and the country.

Or perhaps he knows and wants to.

Americans are use to sacrificing their youth for the country's benefit because it is expected that those who survive will be rewarded and recognized as an asset worth keeping.

Obamie's model says you will do all that he considers good, and then you will be denied the care to keep you alive.

Somehow that seems to be eerily similar to radical Muslims dying for the good of Islam.

I wonder where Obamie got the idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment