Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Answer me this!


The question is, why have the Jews contribited so much and the Muslim world so little?

And before you start pointing at what the Muslim world contributed 600, 700 or so years ago, let me tell you that I am a firm believer in "What have you done for me lately?

But I digress. The politics of blame and the Free Pass for Generations of Rage granted to the underdog (again, as long as he is not your underdog) by the third world, otherwise known these days as the UN, is not helping anyone. Except the leaders of those oppressive countries, who are pulling off some pretty nifty diversionary tactics for the benefit of their abused masses.

What if they were to instead tell people to become doctors to heal each other, lawyers to fight for their causes in the world’s courts, or film directors, to bring their stories to light? Why give your sons a gun, a black mask, and a suicide belt, when you could give him, instead, a hug and a ticket to study in Dubai? Why build bombs when you could have built a university, a hospital, or a hi-tech park? Why dig smuggling tunnels when you could instead build a subway system to take you to see relatives in Cairo? Why is there no Palestinian or Somali or Pakistani version of the JNF or Hadassah? There would certainly be enough Euros in aid and Saudi oil dollars coming in to fund them, if anyone local cared to organize those efforts, instead of blaming You-Know-Jew (again!) for all of the earth’s problems.
Because you have been oppressed. Because you are poor. Because you’ve had relatives killed. Are not good reasons. Not since the 40’s. Not since ever, really.

To me, these sound like the Bad Childhood Defense that pops up like a fungus in the American legal system when the guy on trial has nothing else to explain away his depravity. As if everyone who had a funny uncle or a mother who loved Jack Daniels more than Daddy couldn’t help it if he took some liberties with the neighborhood’s kids. Where is the sense of moral responsibility that most of us carry, whatever else we went through? Isn’t this the whole point of a legal system?


BrusselsJournal link

2 comments:

  1. So much what I've been thinking...Why don't they do something we can admire? Why don't they do something THEY can be proud of... apart from the hate which inhabits them? Their environment is so oppressive by their own creation. I would like so much to hear laughter from them, and see peace on their faces. Are we missing something? Tell me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could tell you.... I could give you what I believe but I would embarass myself.

    ReplyDelete