Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The perfect description


Ever since Obama has been elected I keep reading how he is "my" President, or he is "our" President and how we must support him because of that.

Folks, he isn't "my" President and he isn't "our" President. He is THE President.

And I wish him and his family happiness and good health.

But that is the end of it. Based on what I have learned about him, especially in conjunction with the Democratic Congress, I strongly disagree on a host of issues. And I am not going to "support" him in his attempt to do things that I consider bad. Bad for me. Bad for the country. Bad for the world.

And over the past months as I have observed the fawning over an unproven politician by the press and millions of dunderheads that led us to this disagreeable state, I never could quite reach a good description of the witches brew that has delivered him to us.

But a lady reader from Canada has nailed it. Claudia said, "ignorance combined with vulgarity disguised as elitism."

Thank you, Claudia. That is the perfect description.

3 comments:

  1. I wrote on the GOC that I went on two Christian Conservative blogs. We have to pray for our leaders. It's in the Bible. The prayer for Obama?
    "Dear God, may his conscience give him uneasy nights."

    Does he have a conscience?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought he didn't. That's what I wanted to write as a comment. He'll sleep alright. It's the decent people who will need encouragement and prayers during the next 4 years.

    Thanks for your posts.

    ReplyDelete