Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Pray for Hussein even if you didn't vote for him??


"We are citizens of the United States," Cordell said. "We need to be praying for him, and his family, that God will be working through them."

Cordell and a number of Nashville ministers say their congregations are obligated to pray for the new president even if they didn't vote for him and even if they don't agree with his political views. That's the message some ministers conveyed to their congregations this past weekend.

Obama's victory troubled many Christian conservatives who fear that the president-elect will pursue a liberal agenda on social issues like abortion and same-sex unions that they believe are unbiblical.


Don't they mean pray to Hussein???

Funning the Lefties aside, I think that is a real dumb comment. If I didn't vote for him, why should I pray for him??

I mean I might pray for the country, or that God convert him to believing in democracy....but for him? Nope.

Besides, it has been my experience that God, having given us free will, doesn't intervene in these matters. Never the less I shall keep a sharp eye out for signs of Hussein's conversion.

No comments:

Post a Comment