Thursday, November 20, 2008

How to select who gets laid off.


I got this from Seattle Greg.

As the CFO of this business that employees 140 people, I have resigned myself to the fact that Barrack Obama is our next President, and that our taxes and government fees will increase in a BIG way.

To compensate for these increases, I figure that the clients will have to see an increase in our fees to them of about 8%, but since we cannot increase our fees right now due to the dismal state of our economy, we will have to lay off eight of our employees instead. This has really been eating at me for awhile, as we believe we are family here and I didn't know how to choose who will have to go.

So, this is what I did. I strolled thru our parking lot and found 8 Obama bumper stickers on our employees' cars and have decided these folks will be the first to be laid off. I can't think of a more fair way to approach this problem. These folks wanted change; I gave it to them.


Sadly funny.

8 comments:

  1. Firing people for their political beliefs is illegal, but since you are a social liberal who blames society for all that ails you, I'm not surprised to find you on the wrong side of the law.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My, my, my favorite troll stops by.

    What's the matter, weeder? No sense of humor?

    If you think what this fictional CFO did to Hussein's troops was bad, wait until they find out he isn't going to buy their gas or pay their rent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No sense of humor?

    Well, considering that the teller is going to base his business decisions on who his employees voted for rather than whether or not they'll be useful during this recession, yeah, you're right, it's a real knee-slapper.


    If you think what this fictional CFO did to Hussein's troops was bad, wait until they find out he isn't going to buy their gas or pay their rent!

    Now, that's funny.

    Sadly deluded, but still funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. His supporters won't find it funny!

    I think maybe this guy believes that if the employee was dumb enough to vote for Hussein then he has issues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, they were dumb enough to work for someone who either won't or can't judge them by their work product, so I do have a tinge of sympathy for them.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, he may be dumb.... but he owns the company.... Now these dudes he is firing can prove how smart they are and start their own.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I didn't say the employer was dumb, I merely questioned the judgment of the employees who got on his hit list by working for him in the first place.

    I feel sorry for them because I'm a kind-hearted sort.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So the employer won't judge them by their "worth," according to you.. yet you don't class the employer as "dumb."

    At some point you always start to slip and slide and reframe.

    Horse hockey.

    Good night. Thread closed.

    ReplyDelete