Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Calling Reykjavk, Calling Reykjavk,

I was just checking my sitemeter... that's one of the many things us busy blogger executive types do... and I see that someone from Reykjavk, Iceland dropped by.

I hope they come back... Once upon a time I spent a fair amount of time there. I know the natives must find it attractive, but I can't say why. Oh well... I remember several things.

One is walking outside the barracks with a mild hang over... okay a HANGOVER... and be hit with the scent of the fish factory wafted on a mild 20 mile per hour breeze... I have never, never, never, ate fish sticks since then.

The other thing I remember is that when they brought their national airlines aircraft in for service, we had to make room in the hangar.... That meant we had to pull our military aircraft out and service them in the cold and snow and blowing snow...

That seemed wrong to some of us. I could never understand why. I mean, after all, we were merely keeping the Soviets from showing up and taking over...



No comments:

Post a Comment