Monday, July 14, 2008

Democrat Promises 2006

As some of you know, at one time I was a regular commentator on TalkLeft, and still do, but not regularly. This morning while doing the Google bit looking for something else I came across this interesting thread.

Note that this was the morning after the Demo win in 2006.

Congratulations (1.00 / 0) (#1)
by jimakaPPJ on Wed Nov 08, 2006 at 06:49:32 AM EST

Well, congratulations my friendly enemies.

I reminded of '74. I just hope your heroes and heroines don't repeat the mistakes of the Ford and Carter years.

Hopefully they won't. Anyway they can't overcome a veto in the House, and no one knows if the Senate will turn.

It will be interesting to see if they are really interested in national health care, gay rights, womens rights... tax reform and drug law reform.

After all, their excuse until now is that they couldn't get a bill introduced. That's over. (New emphasis added 7/14.)

Note that I left out national defense because I remained convinced that the Left doesn't have a clue, and that our enemies will take full advantage of that.

In the meantime, remember that old saying:

"Success is getting what you want
Happiness is wanting what you get."

And here is a prayer for some good luck and common sense on both sides.

And thanks for electing President McCain and VP Rudy.


Who knew I was so smart? Certainly not me or I would have spent that day getting out of the market, but if McCain makes it then he becomes the second winner I have predicted so far out. The other was Reagan, but that was so obvious I really shouldn't brag.

But that's not why I bring the ancient thread to light. Now if you want to go over and read the various insults tossed my way, that's up to you. But the real honor belongs to:

They are making lots of promises (none / 0) (#52)
by Jlvngstn on Wed Nov 08, 2006 at 02:28:42 PM EST

Can we record them here and grade them in 2 years?
No excuses other than vetos now. They have control they should give us:

Healthcare for all americans
Energy independence
economic prosperity
education excellence
Retirement security
Real Security for americans (does this mean they will secure our ports?)
Honest, transparent gov't (lol)
How about a tax code that is not 26,000 pages?

No excuses dems. Stand up and deliver. The clock is running.


Jlvngstn is not all that far to the Left, and demonstrated several times the ability to debate using facts and logic. I wouldn't call us friends, but respectful opponents should cover it. Anyway, a few comments down the thread, he shows where he gets his information.

where to find the promises (none / 0) (#54)
by Jlvngstn on Wed Nov 08, 2006 at 02:30:44 PM EST

Dem Promises for 2006 - Can we have a site or a sidebar where we can track their progress on these initiatives?


Dem Promises for 2006

When you read "energy independence" please don't puke on the keyboard.

So there you have it. A way to remember what the Demos promised in 2006 and to see what they delivered.

It isn't a pretty picture, most car wrecks are not.

But rest assured I will return to it from time to time.

It's the least I can do.




No comments:

Post a Comment