Thursday, May 29, 2008

There will always be an England.

Not bloody likely if this keeps up.

A few days ago (Friday, May 23rd) 18 year-old Ben Smith was stopped, in a routine check by a police officer, while driving his Vauxhall Corsa to his home in Melksham, Wiltshire. The officer found nothing amiss, but noticed an England flag on the parcel shelf (which Mr. Smith used to cover his music system from potential thieves) and ordered him to remove it. According to Smith:

"He saw the flag and said it was racist towards immigrants and if I refused to take it down I would get a £30 fine. I laughed because I thought he was joking, but then I realized he was serious so I had to take it down straight away. I thought it was silly – it's my country and I want to show my support for my country."

This is merely the latest in a long line of such “politically correct” discrimination on the part of England’s authorities or its employees. In January 2007, a 27 year old man was ordered by Bedford Council to take down an England flag, that he had hung on the side of his house. In 2006 a fire station was ordered to remove an England flag, because, they were told, it might offend ethnic minorities (despite the local mosque protesting that it did not), and earlier this year a government report revealed that children were routinely punished for wearing clothing bearing the English flag.

But, then, ‘England’ is a subversive idea to a government that wants to hold the United Kingdom (UK) together, to sink it into the homogenizing machine of the European Union (EU). And ‘England’ and English nationalism are anathema to political correctness.


The cop would fit right in with Hussein..



4 comments:

  1. It's getting scary overthere across the pond...I was just talking to a friend about the eerie resemblance the EU has to Orwell's "Oceania".

    And here at home free speech is threatened by both right and left...though thankfully to a lesser degree...for now.

    -kdog

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the life of me I don't see the Right trying to pass laws restricting speech.

    I do see the Right saying nasty things, but there is a huge difference between the two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recall Ashcroft going after High Times magazine, for one example. I believe they tried to make even writing about drugs a crime.

    -kdog

    ReplyDelete
  4. The operative word is "tried."

    When they pass a hate crimes bill, get worried. Because that is what is being used in Europe and Canada to force Sharia law under the guise of PC.

    ReplyDelete