Thursday, May 15, 2008

It's raining... it's pouring... my love life is

.... not what it used to be. But then a lot other things about me is not "what they used to be.."

And I must admit that the continual fascination with sex gives me a big grin. Makes me want to find a bunch of 20 something's and yell:

Birds do it, bees do it, your grandma did it....!..... Sometimes in her combat boots!

And while sex sells, I find this either funny or dumb. Your pick.

Seems that one person's smut is another person's morning latte.

"[Creative partner Terry Heckler] poured [sic] over old marine books until he came up with a logo based on an old sixteenth-century Norse woodcut: a two-tailed mermaid, or siren, encircled by the store's original name, Starbucks Coffee, Tea, and Spice. That early siren, bare-breasted and Rubenesque, was supposed to be as seductive as coffee itself."


And naturally:

A Christian group out of San Diego has found grounds for outrage over the new logo for Starbucks Coffee.


In the meantime I understand that there is a a movie coming out where four women talk about sex..

Well, duh....

It appears the relentless promotional blitz surrounding Sex And The City movie has reached saturation point for some - and it hasn't even opened in cinemas yet.


you think??

I confess that I have never seen the HBO show. Any network that has Bill Maher on it gets no money of mine. Besides, if the show is worth a flip it'll be available on DVD...

I guess this all started back in the late 60's when the Left urged us to "Make Love Not War."

Along with such sage advice came discos.... One I remember well featured a tall lanky young man who wore tight fitting trousers.. displaying physical talents that most men could only envy.... He was always on the dance floor and demonstrated moves only seen in "Grease."

Then one night, after just making such a move his trousers split in the crotch.... and there on the dance floor under the sparkling and speckled lights lay a sock... a rather large sock..

His departure was rapid and final.



No comments:

Post a Comment