Saturday, May 3, 2008

I have the blahs....



Can't say why for sure. Perhaps too much politics. Even those of us who normally are up beat and cheerful melt down from time to time while watching our "leaders" do despicable things attempting to become our "Leaders."

Oh, the picture. I can't remember where I got it, or even when, so my thanks to that person. Being married for almost all of my adult life I can say that the seller is a wise man. "She who does not have to be obeyed" has ways to make life regretful when their sage advice is ignored....

I could tell you how I borrowed my wife's new car one winter's snowy night because it was in the garage and mine was outside covered in snow... And promptly wrecked it... I could but I won't. Too painful. Much too painful...

Today was chilly and windy after the severe weather last night. My tomatoes look terrible, and I expect to have to replace them next week. It is also time to plant the rest of the veggies but the ground is too cold. Damn Global Warming.

Speaking of stupid things, this "carbon offset" thing doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I mean, if carbon dioxide is bad, why should I give you money because I am doing a bad thing... Why don't I just quit doing it?? And if I don't, then what will I giving you money do to fix the problem?

And the answer is??? Nothing, dear chums. Nothing at all.



3 comments:

  1. How much is the bike? Have the blahs too...This old lady was caught in the ugliest, coldiest, windiest rainpour. Like bullets. Umbrella turned inside out. Drenched to the bones. My 4-feet-11-inches nearly got carried away. Had to hold down to buildings till a kind, strong gentleman led me to a crowded bus shelter. Nice driver let me off at my own corner "for safety", he said. Rain stopped as suddenly as it came. That one hour phenomenon is called global warming.

    Tomatoes??? I thought people planted corn this year for their own ethanol crop.;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liquid corn is manufactured in eastern Tennessee and is rumored to be the secret ingredient in the latest rocket fuel...

    ;-)

    And the bus driver was and is a gentlemen... not many left...sad to say..

    Perhaps some warm barndy for the feet? Taken internally, of course..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Sir! To your good health, always!

    ReplyDelete