Saturday, April 12, 2008

Muslim schools

Weeder Gander returns with some non-pithy comments re the TIVA near Minneapolis, which I posted earlier.

Not to worry, the Godless Left is here to help:

"After receiving complaints that Tarek ibn Ziyad Academy in Inver Grove Heights is violating the Establishment Clause the ACLU-MN sent a letter to the academy questioning their practices. In the letter that was sent the ACLU-MN questions some of their practices, including addressing allegations that the school sponsors prayer.

Teresa Nelson, an attorney for the ACLU of Minnesota, says "We currently do not have enough facts to state whether or not the school is in violation of the establishment clause. The American Civil Liberties Union is a strong defender of separation of church and state and will take action if we find they are violating the establishment clause."


Being a fair minded individual, let me say that I welcome the assistance of our friends on the Left, be they godless or be they smart enough to know "all of this" just didn't "happen."

The question remains, what will the Minnesota authorities do to enforce and correct any discrepancies?? Given that the bureaucrats needed a newspaper reporter to discover the problem I have no reason to expect anything of significance.

However, I am a pleased to report that the Principal at the school has now learned how to operate the flag pole.... a highly complex and hard to operate device... an American Flag is flying there. Some may note his previous lack of vigor, but I am sure we was busy.

But the main point was, is and remains the constant pressure of some of the Muslim groups in the west for Shari law.

The San Diego chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations supports the Carver program.

“Our country is transforming demographically, religiously,” said Edgar Hopida, the chapter's public relations director. “Our country has to now accommodate things that are not traditionally accounted for before.”


I guess the Constitution is just too old fashioned, eh??

Link



2 comments:

  1. I didn't realize my introduction to the quote was not-pithy. I'll do my best to live up to your standards in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your consideration.

    ReplyDelete