Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Global warming wins!!!

At least for one day. And may I say yesterday was a beautiful day. Cloudless skies and 72 degrees.... reminded me of Hawaii... except I worked and worked... fresh mulch in the flower and bush beds out front.... cleaned out the beds in front of the new addition... chased off a Blue Racer snake..no big deal, they are naturally shy and will leave if given the chance.

The problem is that all my muscles have turned to flab, and when I decided to take out three dead trees on the edge of the woodlot that contains the Palatial Retirement Compound... well, just let me say that it was a major error in judgement, but I think I will be walking normally in a few days.

One of the trees was a cedar and will be missed. The other two were sweet gum. Messy hardly describes them. Yet they provided shade and wind break.

After the severe freeze last year that came after the trees had leafed out and destroyed the leaves, the County Agent said that they would leaf out again, and they did. He also said that some would likely die over the winter. Especially if the summer was dry...and it was... and the next winter was cold... which it was... I saw four more that look questionable... but maybe not.

I didn't watch the "debate" last night. There are some things even I won't do. And the transcripts will be available and more accurate. Besides Hussein exposing his inability to judge moral versus immoral, much is being made over Hillary saying Hussein could win.

You think? Well, duhhhhhhhhhhh.

I think my mind drifted back to Hawaii because of Hussein's comments that he was raised by a mother on food stamps. He also was raised by a grandmother who, in addition to being fearful of black men as all typical whites are... if I can believe Hussein....was a Vice President of the largest bank in Hawaii... Has the candidate of change adopted some of Hillary's hen house ways???

Aloha chums!



No comments:

Post a Comment