Monday, March 24, 2008

Why am I not surprised?

(IsraelNN.com) Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Barack Obama is currently hiding his anti-Israel views in order to get elected, according to a well-known anti-Israel activist. The activist, Ali Abunimah, claimed to know Obama well and to have met him on numerous occasions at pro-Palestinian events in Chicago.

In an article he penned for the anti-Israeli website Electronic Intifada, Abunimah wrote:

The last time I spoke to Obama was in the winter of 2004 at a gathering in Chicago’s Hyde Park neighborhood. He was in the midst of a primary campaign to secure the Democratic nomination for the United States Senate seat he now occupies. But at that time polls showed him trailing.

"As he came in from the cold and took off his coat, I went up to greet him. He responded warmly, and volunteered, 'Hey, I’m sorry I haven’t said more about Palestine right now, but we are in a tough primary race.

'Hey, I’m sorry I haven’t said more about Palestine right now, but we are in a tough primary race.'

I’m hoping when things calm down I can be more up front.' He referred to my activism, including columns I was contributing to the The Chicago Tribune critical of Israeli and US policy [and said:] 'Keep up the good work!'"


Link

Hussein is proving more and more to be a typical old line Demo politican. Want a black? He's your man. Want an anti-Israeli/Jew? He's your man.

The question, of course, is which one of these is the real Hussein. Perhaps his refusal to wear a flag pen, his association with a church that has radical views and his association with American radicals tell us the answer.



No comments:

Post a Comment