Saturday, March 1, 2008

Every now and then I read something

written by someone who is supposedly knowledgeable about a subject, and when I get done I close my eyes and say, "I can't believe this guy wrote that." Such was this regarding conflict resolution and how to defeat terrorists.

In cases where a serious insurgency cannot be managed, the state and its supporters might consider an approach designed to deliberately encourage the insurgency to mutate into something less dangerous such as an organized criminal organization. This is never desirable, but there may be rare instances where organized crime is less of a threat than sustained insurgency. Call this strategic methadone. [p.52]


Now I have never claimed to be the brightest bulb on the tree. In fact I have often noted that I am humble and have every reason to be. But this just wipes me out.

First, the writer is saying that the terrorists are winning. See "cannot be managed."

So what's a country to do? Turn'em in into the Mafia!

Now leaving aside exactly how that is to be done, can't you just see this?

"Okay Mohamed, we'll split it like this. You get everything west of oil fields' mainteance facility.... OK? Mohamed.....? Put the sword down Mohamed..... |"

Wack... Thump.

Has anyone told this expert that the terrorists aren't interested in money?? They want power. And the sooner the better.

BTW - There is no truth to the rumor that the author was a Professor to Hussein Obama.

Link



To comment click on "Comments" below.

No comments:

Post a Comment