Thursday, March 27, 2008

Ah the sweet smell of dirt..

The morning was overcast and 6oish but I re-cultivated part of the garden. The smell of fresh dirt brings back memories... I managed to set out my cabbage, onions and bell peppers.

The cabbage and onions should do nicely even if Global Warming retreats. But the bell peppers will be iffy should it turn cold. Oh well, gambling is nothing new to a poker player, eh?? I have two rows of sweet onions, set with 3 across and 4 inches apart. You pick the two outside rows for the young green onions and leave the center row, letting them grow for winter use. I would guess I will have about 50 pounds for the winter. In a few weeks I will set out some Spanish yellows for onions with some zest..

Okra, aka Candy, won't be planted for three weeks, and after last years tomato killing freeze the last week of March, first of April, tomatoes will be another 10 days, although I may gamble with some early ones.

Then the day turned clear and warm, a perfect afternoon for doing anything. I watched Grandson practice baseball. There is nothing better.

Not being able to resist, I just had to do some news sweeps... Hussein is going to save the economy through regulation and taxes while Hillary wants to retrain us. It looks liked the MSM will give her a pass over her fibs regarding combat although I am sure the Repubs are taking notes. Why either Hussein or Hillary would want to to start talking military service with McCain is beyond me.

In Iraq al-Sadir is causing problems, again. We have wasted several chances tokill this guy and will live to regret it. Heck, we have lived to regret it.

In the stupid is as stupid does category a woman was made to remove her nipple rings before boarding a flight from Lubbock to Dallas. In somewhat an understatement she noted that she never knew nipples were a weapon... Obviously she discounted the many problems caused by the American Male's over fascination with the female breast.

At least they weren't box cutters.

Enough. I go to suckle at a Stoly on ice...



4 comments:

  1. My nephew made the JV team at his high school, starting catcher and occasional pitcher. Can't wait for the games to start! As much as I enjoy my Mets and MLB, the pro game just ain't as pure and beautiful as the kids playing what is, after all, a kids game.

    Good to hear you are against profiling the pierced, now if I can get you condemn all profiling that involves denying free people their creator-endowed liberty:)

    And good luck with the garden this year...if I sent you a couple seeds, could you mind growing a little of my favorite herb? My thumbs are hopelessly black, and the black-market bought herb is so expensive:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alas we have continual black helocopter flights over the Palatial Retirement Compound so I must decline....

    And here's to your nephew catching my Grandson in some future All Star game.... I love baseball.. had season tickets when we lived in Denver... Baseball is a game that to be really enjoyed must be seen in person... the shifts, the moves after the pitch, after the ball is "well struck" is so important.. I go nuts trying to watch a game on TV.... The close up of pitcher, which is the least important thing that is happening..

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a saying here in Texas that when the Mesquite start to bud, then the last freeze is over.
    Our Mesquites are budding nicely.

    As far as the nipple ring thing goes- can I find it on You-tube yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think there is a video. It seems to have all happened at the security check point.

    This is fairly typical of our so-called security. The female in question should have been allowed to show a female officer the nipple rings and that would have been that.

    ReplyDelete