Monday, February 25, 2008

A picture IS worth a 1000 words



Well,well. Here is a good look at the Democrats’ presumptive Presidential nominee. Don’t you think he looks just swell? I wonder if he is considering that outfit for the swearing in ceremony… Gotta be diverse you know!

And then we have the endorsement by Louis Farrakhan. Which Hussein’s troopers rushed to disavow…. Well, not really..

Said Obama campaign spokesman Bill Burton: "Sen. Obama has been clear in his objections to Minister Farrakhan's past pronouncements and has not solicited the minister's support."


I mean, so what? You have it.

But just to clear things up, Hussein himself spoke:

"I decry racism and anti-Semitism in every form and strongly condemn the anti-Semitic statements made by Minister Farrakhan," Obama said in the statement. "I assume that Trumpet Magazine made its own decision to honor Farrakhan based on his efforts to rehabilitate ex-offenders, but it is not a decision with which I agree."


The above non-disavowal was touted by the Washington Post as:

the Obama campaign responded with an unequivocal statement on it from the candidate himself.


Do Journalists actually study the English language anymore? Do they take any courses in critical thinking? But I digress.

Ok. But can we now have a disavowal? Neither of the two statements is. Instead they are attempts to parse and straddle. Here, Hussein. This is a disavowal.

“I condemn Louis Farrakhan’s many hateful statements about Jews and whites. I did not seek his endorsement and totally reject it.”

No charge because I know you are too busy getting yourself deeper and deeper in the hole.

Washington Post




To comment, click on the “Comments” line directly below.

No comments:

Post a Comment