Wednesday, January 23, 2008

It's hard to imagine this




but for a mere 200,000 pounds sterling you can become an astronaut...


Source article.

I read science fiction in my youth and still do, though not as much. I also collect it and have about 2500 magazines plus books... Many go back to the mid 20's. As a young man I spent a great deal of time flying around in some Naval Aviation aircraft that looked as if they wouldn't get off the ground, much less fly....
So this has to go on my "bucket list." Now if the market will just cooperate..

And I have to wonder if they will serve domestic only wine??

2 comments:

  1. Do you think they'll accept an old foreign lady? For that money, I'll insist on French wine...
    I'm sure Arthur C.Clarke (who predicted it all) has put his name down, from Sri Lanka.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been my experience that money makes the old acceptable..

    ReplyDelete