Sunday, October 26, 2008

Yes we have no two budweisers

Hello chums, and I hope you are all well and happy and have your savings in cash and stuffed under, or better yet, in your mattress.

How I know the economy has been too good.

A bit ago I decided to leave my hotel room, pick up two beers, grab some Italian takeout from Fazzoli's and catch a movie in the room...

So I stopped at a QuickiMart type joint and grabbed two Buds, and took them to the counter.

Clerk gives me the fish eye and says, "What's those?"

Me, thinking one of us is stupid. "Two Buds."

Clerk. "Don't you know we can only sell six packs?"

Me. "You're BSing me, right?"

Clerk. "No. Aren't you in here every night?"

Me. "I have never been here before."

Clerk. "Are you sure?"

Me, with a rapidly changing attitude. "Yeah. I'm sure. And why would I lie?"

Clerk. "OK."

Me. "You gonna sell me the two Buds or what?"

Clerk. "No. We can't sell any loose cans."

Me. "Not that I give a shit, but can you tell me why?"

Clerk. "It messes up the inventory."

Me. "You can't count 30 six packs and 4 cans?"

Clerk. "Yeah, but it messes up the inventory."

Me. "Keep the beer."

So I went down the street and found a liquor store and bought two small bottles of Turning Leaf.... The food was good, the wine was okay and I hope the QuickiMart goes broke.

No comments:

Post a Comment