Tuesday, July 1, 2008

To torture or not

Well the campaign to make Americans hate America continues. Today we have Chris Satullo of the once proud Philadelphia Inquirerbemoaning torture. And telling us we aren't worthy of celebrating the fourth. Note I say "once proud Philadelphia Inquirer" because no paper who publishes such trash, even as opinion, is worthy of being read....note I didn't say not published...just not worthy of being read.

And the media moguls can't figure out why they are losing their collective rear ends...

The torture issue appears to be a seasonal thing, designed to make us feel bad just when the calender says we should be having fun. The last get go was December '07.

At that time I posted this, and I stand behind it.

Oh, really?? Let me pose a scenario to you. This afternoon you drive over to your local shopping center to shop. As you get out of your car you see an elderly lady walking towards her car one row over. You can also see two young thugs semi crouched between two cars, obviously waiting to mug her. As you start to move, one of the thugs sees you and makes a threatening gesture. Do you yell at her? Run at the thugs? Honk your horn? Dial 911? Or stand frozen in place, watching them jump out, grab her purse, knock her down and dash off?

If you chose to do nothing, I submit that you have just committed an immoral act. You have committed a sin of omission. We are our brother’s keeper.


So if you are charged with finding information from terrorist prisoners, and if you truly believe that the prisoner has vital information, I see no problem with waterboarding. In fact, I find you guilty of not trying to protect me, which is your job. In fact, if you let me be harmed when you could have acted to prevent it, I think you are guilty of a sin. The sin of omission.

You know, this stuff isn't all that complicated for anyone with just a smidgen of real education topped off with a tad bit of common sense.

Too bad the Left appears to have none of either.





No comments:

Post a Comment