Monday, January 14, 2008

Every now and then I convince myself that

I don't believe in executing murders. Then I read something like this:
Authorities allege that Chandler spent the last weeks of his life locked in a closet without food or water. Defense Darren Cantor and Ann England claim he died of a previous medical condition.

If the perps are convicted, and being the inventive type, you can guess what method I would use.

Back a few years ago I seem to remember the Repubs in Florida taking it on the chin, and rightly so in my opinion, for letting "excuses" like the one below exist.

"I pushed his hair back and saw that his ear was completely black, with no flesh tone," she (teacher's aide) said while tearing up. "So I asked him how it happened.

"He said, 'My dad (which he called Phillips) clobbered me'. I asked him if he was ever punished by 'time out' or by not watching television. He said his 'mom' and 'dad' (Berry and Phillips) would put him in a hot shower and turn it up as hot as it would get," she said, crying again.

Holm Elementary officials reported the bruising but the Denver Department of Human Services later called the report "unfounded," according to state Human Services records.


It appears that the school did its job and the bureaucrats did not. The Gov is a Democrat.

Watch this story disappear as fast as Denver snow when a down slope wind follows the bad weather.

Link to Denver Post

4 comments:

  1. So, by your standards, the tragedy below can be explained because CA has a Republican governor?:

    A Moreno Valley mother imprisoned a decade ago for abusing her child could face new charges that she and her boyfriend murdered their month-old daughter.

    Police will recommend homicide and child-abuse charges in the death of the infant, who was found injured and not breathing at an apartment in the 12800 block of Frederick Street early Sunday, Moreno Valley police Sgt. Jaime Briones said.

    Marlo Sheree McGee, 29, and Michael Larry Stovall, 24, were arrested Monday night on suspicion of child endangerment resulting in death. They are scheduled to be arraigned Thursday.


    Just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm.. If you will re-read the post you will see that I did not assign blame for the crime to the Demos, nor did I excuse the Repubs. My point was that the media will react very differently to the Denver case as compared to the Florida situation.

    As to Arno...calling him a Repub is like calling a goose a duck. Both are waterfowls, but the similarity ends at about that point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It appears that the school did its job and the bureaucrats did not. The Gov is a Democrat.

    My point was that the media will react very differently to the Denver case as compared to the Florida situation.

    So you think the Democrats should 'take it on the chin' for this sad affair, as was the case in Florida?

    As to Arno...calling him a Repub is like calling a goose a duck. Both are waterfowls, but the similarity ends at about that point.

    No, he's a member of the Republican party.

    But, regardless of his political leanings, do you think he should 'take it on the chin' for the tragedy in Moreno Valley?

    I just read of a case in Washington state where 6 workers were fired over a child's death. Should the governor there 'take it on the chin'?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I think the media and the Internet should make as big a deal over what happened in Denver as they did in Flordia.

    My point, which I think was obvious, is that the media is biased and will give the Demo governor an easier go of it because of that.

    As for Armo, I assume you have heard of Republican In Name Only, RINO. He gets a bit of a pass, from time to time, depending on how far he has strayed from the script.

    BTW - You should go to "Older Posts" and read my very first post. It will give you a better understanding of my position on some items.

    ReplyDelete